Saturday, December 17, 2005

On the Other Hand...

Alright, as you all have no doubt figured out by now I tend to be a rather vocal, outspoken, and passionate writer (I would say orator, and those who work with me have heard me on my soapbox) very frustrated with the world around him. As such, I am making a momentary sanity check. Just because so much is going down the tubes doesn't mean that EVERYTHING is going down the tubes.

First off, anyone who has put their life on the line for a higher cause, you have my eternal respect. That means anyone in the military, or anyone who has been in the military, anyone so devoted to their faith that they feel the call to positions such as pastor, priest, missionary, or a dedicated parent who routinely places the needs of their children ahead of their own desires. We don't hear much about these good people on the news as good news doesn't grab attention, but I know what I see, and I respect that.

I also respect and appreciate those who have sought to make a positive impact on society. These people include politicians (those who serve solely for the benefit of their constituents, you know who they are because they either donate all of their salary to charity OR only work for a dollar a year), teachers, nurses, doctors, and some lawyers (they know who they are). Without individuals of such caliber, the sacrifices made by the men and women in uniform around the world may just go completely unnoticed, instead of largely ignored.

I see enough good in this world that I haven't given up all hope for mankind, yet. On the other hand, the world has made it pretty unfashionable to be concerned for anyone other than ourselves, so how long can we survive before we all become our own worst enemy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home